In case you’d like get motivated, we have hand-picked 25 productivity quotes from people who achieved success in their field. We believe just a few words at the right time can go a long way when it comes to productivity and inspiration.
So here it is: 25 quotes by the people who changed the world, each and every one revealing the secret to their productivity.
- Out of clutter, find simplicity.
Albert Einstein, physicist
- Thirty years ago my older brother, who was ten years old at the time, was trying to get a report on birds written that he’d had three months to write, which was due the next day. We were out at our family cabin in Bolinas, and he was at the kitchen table, close to tears, surrounded by binder paper and pencils and unopened books on birds, immobilized by the hugeness of the task ahead. Then my father sat down beside him, put his arm around my brother’s shoulder, and said, ‘Bird by bird, buddy. Just take it bird by bird.
Anne Lamont, writer and productivity expert
- Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.
Theodore Roosevelt, the 26th president of the United States
- The most important thing about art is to work. Nothing else matters except sitting down every day and trying.
Steven Pressfield, author
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company
- The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
Stephen Covey, educator and entrepreneur
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
- Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.
Dale Carnegie, writer and lecturer
- It’s not always that we need to do more but rather that we need to focus on less.
Nathan W. Morris, productivity and business coach, author
- Every day that I procrastinate, every day that I sit stagnant in fear, every day that I fail to better myself, someone else out there with the same goals and dreams as me is doing the exact opposite.
Noel DeJesus, author and combat veteran
- No work is insignificant.
Martin Luther King Jr., civil rights activist
- You don’t actually do a project; you can only do action steps related to it. When enough of the right action steps have been taken, some situation will have been created that matches your initial picture of the outcome closely enough that you can call it “done”.
David Allen, prolific author and productivity consult
- What looks like multitasking is really switching back and forth between multiple tasks, which reduces productivity and increases mistakes by up to 50%.
Susan Cain, writer and lecturer
- Gardens are not made by singing ‘Oh, how beautiful!’ and sitting in the shade.
Rudyard Kipling, author
- Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.
Roy T. Bennett, author
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
Jim Ryun, athlete and politician
- Every champion was once a contender that didn’t give up.
Gabby Douglas, Olympic champion in gymnastics
- If you’re alive, you’re a creative person.
Elizabeth Gilbert, journalist
- The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.
Bruce Lee, actor and martial artist
- Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goals: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.
Louis Pasteur, chemist and microbiologist
- The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.
Barack Obama, the 44th president of the United States
- Nothing will work unless you do.
Maya Angelou, author and activist
- If you’re going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill, politician and writer
- The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity.
Tom Peters, business management expert
- The big secret in life is that there is no secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.
Oprah Winfrey, talk show host and producer
As you can see, focus and effort are essential for productivity. We hope these quotes have given you the motivation to create something amazing.
This page was brought to you by Senstone. To learn more about productivity in the age of distractions, check out our homepage.